The Food Store certificate program gives students the opportunity to begin to formalize the training they receive in supermarkets. In addition, it provides them with additional education and skills in the areas of food preparation, sanitation, customer service and management. Students who obtain the Food Store certificate are able to pursue additional education in Foodservice Management or a business field. Graduates also have advantage when competing for management positions and training within supermarket corporations.
|HSP* 101||Principles of Food Preparation I||3|
| HSP* 112
| Food Preparation II or
Hospitality Human Resource Management
|HSP* 108||Sanitation Certification||3|
|HSP* 115||Food Store Systems||3|
|HSP* 238||Relationship Marketing||3|
|HSP* 296||Cooperative Education/Work Experience||3|
|Total Credits Required: 18-19|
Upon successful completion of all Food Store certificate program requirements, graduates will
- Describe the history, development and classifications of the modern food store industry.
- Analyze the food store operations with regards to its segments and divisions, including meat management, produce management, deli operations, bakery operations and grocery management.
- Evaluate issues and trends within the food store industry.
- Analyze the role of service within the food store industry.
- Evaluate general marketing and merchandising strategies.
- Analyze the role of management in food store operations.
Source: 2011-2012 Course Catalog
For additional information, contact: Jayne Pearson