Office Support Specialist, Certificate
Business Office Technology certificate programs, like the Office Support Specialist program, allow students to specialize in areas of interest and obtain entry-level office positions. Course credit may be applied toward an associate degree. Advanced placement in keyboarding is available for students with prior training. Students can modify their programs depending upon experience.
This certificate program is recommended for students interested in becoming an administrative professional. Courses in both general and specific applications offer students opportunities for positions in general office support. This program is designed for the entry-level employee.
This certificate program may be taken on a full- or part-time basis. It is designed for high school graduates, persons desiring to reenter the work place and college graduates seeking employment.
| BOT* 164
|Office Accounting or
|3 - 4|
|BOT* 122||Writing Procedures||3|
|BOT* 111||Keyboarding for Information Processing I||3|
| BOT* 230
|Microsoft Office Suite Applications or
Introduction to Software Applications
|CST* 114||Web Essentials||2|
|Subtotal: 14 - 15|
|ACC* 121||Introduction to Accounting Software I||1|
| BOT* 112
| Keyboarding for Information Processing II or
Word Processing Applications
|BOT* 231||Advanced Microsoft Office||3|
|BOT* 251||Administrative Procedures||3|
|BOT* 219||Integrated Office||3|
|Total Credits Required: 30 - 31|
Division of Business, Engineering and Technology: 860-512-2620
Upon successful completion of all Office Support Specialist certificate program requirements, graduates will
1. Read, understand and prepare standard types of business
2. Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal and human relations skills.
3. Demonstrate appropriate business office procedures.
4. Demonstrate understanding and perform accounting tasks.
5. Possess appropriate skills in the following software: operating system, word processing, spreadsheet, database management, integrated office applications and presentation graphics.
6. Demonstrate speed and accuracy in keyboarding skills.
Source: 2011-2012 Course Catalog
For Additional Information, Contact: 860-512-2623