Request for F-1 Visa
International students on an F-1 visa can enroll at Manchester Community College. However, international students on a visa other than an F-1 may enroll for classes at MCC, but should consult with the Director of International Affairs/PDSO or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), to verify student eligibility and enrollment status. All international students on non-immigrant visas, and non-permanent residents, will be charged out-of-state tuition and fees.
To be admitted to the College and to register for classes, Fall 2012 semester, all international students seeking an I-20, F-1 student visas must:
- Apply to the College by August 17, 2012 for the Fall 2012 semester.
- Submit an MCC admissions application with a $20.00 non-refundable fee.
- Submit official proof of high school completion, or GED, and must be in English.
- Submit an Affidavit of Support, with proof of financial responsibility and name of citizen/permanent resident sponsor.
- Pass the TOEFL exam – minimal score of 70 IBT or 175 CBT.
- Schedule to take the MCC Assessment Test for English and math placement.
- Meet with the Director of International Affairs/PDSO to process a SEVIS I-20 application for United States Government international visa processing.
- Register by Wednesday, August 29, 2012.
All I20 documents must be submitted to the Office o International Affairs by July 15, 2012 for the Fall 2012 semester. F-1 students with a SEVIS I-20 must maintain a full-time status (12 or more credits).
Manchester Community College is not an English as a Second Language Institute and cannot process I20’s for F-1 language proficiency. Also, the College does not have housing or dormitory provisions.
Information sessions regarding the SEVIS I-20 - F-1 process for the Fall 2012 semester will be held in the Admissions Conference Room L156. Please contact the Office of International Affairs/Enrollment Management Unit, 512-3215 for a session appointment, if you are requesting an I20 information packet, or if should have any questions.
International students interested in attending MCC with an F-1 visa should contact the Director of International Affairs/PDSO to ensure that their SEVIS I-20 application is processed in a timely manner for appropriate service, or U.S. State Department approval.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuessday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For more information regarding the SEVIS I-20 process please contact Joe Mesquita, Director of International Affairs/International Student Advisor and PDSO at 860-512-3215, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Additional Information Contact: Joe Mesquita