An Integral Part of the Educational Experience
Consistent with the college's mission, the Athletic and Fitness Department's primary goal is to provide an environment that promotes and encourages the enhancement of individual lives through the social, physical, mental, and emotional benefits of participation in physical activity and intercollegiate competition.
In all of our athletic and fitness programs, the department is committed to providing equal opportunity for all. We are committed to ensuring an environment in which diversity is a fundamental value not limited by: ethnicity, race, gender, age, class, sexual orientation, religious preference, and physical abilities. We seek a climate in which everyone values individual and group differences and respects the perspectives of others. Within our working environment, we will be aggressive in recruiting and retaining a diverse team of administrators, coaches, student/athletes and student staff.
This department believes that intercollegiate athletic programs must be an integral part of the college's academic mission. Athletics gives student/athletes an opportunity for significant learning experiences within and outside the traditional classroom, fostering the educational and leadership growth that will stand them in good stead upon graduation.
- We respect each student as an individual and their personal welfare is our highest priority.
- We value health and safety as paramount to a successful varsity or club program.
- No goal exceeds the mandate to educate and graduate the student/athlete.
- We recognize that our most important resource is people. Our students deserve the best facilities, equipment, coaching, and supervision that we can provide.
- All staff members should have opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
- We regard athletics as integral to the mission and goals of the college.
- Teamwork should prevail in all interactions among students, coaches, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- We strive to make our programs an enduring source of pride for its participants, alumni, the college, and the broader communities of which we are a part.
- We conform to the letter and spirit of all rules and regulations of the college and athletic bodies of which we are privileged to be members.
Athletic Programs Offered
Are you an MCC Athletics Alumni?
Sign up in our Alumni Registry!
* MCC regularly monitors and assesses athletic programs to ensure we are fully compliant with Title IX requirements.
For additional information, contact: Cynthia Washburne