Teaching for Continuing Education
Thank you for your interest in teaching for the Continuing Education Division of Manchester Community College! There are several options available as follows:
- Business & Industry Services – specializing in custom-designed courses to accommodate the training needs of area businesses. Mick Pigott, Business Services Representative, 860-512-2815; email: email@example.com.
- Certified Nurse Aide and/or Emergency Medical Technician Programs – offering courses for preparation to take these state certification exams. Credit-Free Allied Health Coordinator Diane Mitchell, 860-512-2826; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Technology – training courses at all levels for career advancement, preparation for computer certifications, and developing proficiency in prevalent software applications and hardware tools. Coordinator Bruce Manning, 860-512-2808; email:
- Credit-Free Programs – offering a broad range of courses designed for professional development and personal enrichment. Director Ann Bonney, 860-512-2822; email: email@example.com.
- Organization of Active Adults (OAA) – offering opportunities designed to fulfill the lifelong learning and personal enrichment needs of adults age 50 and over. Mike Jordan-Reilly, Educational Assistant, 860-512-2825; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excursions in Learning – offering courses designed for gifted and/or highly motivated children, from kindergarten through eighth grade. Coordinator of Youth Programs Carleigh Cappetta, 860-512-2804; email: email@example.com.
Please submit a New Course Proposal Form for each Credit-Free or Excursions in Learning course you would like to teach. Previous teaching experience and a master's degree are preferred. The CNA and EMT instructor positions have additional requirements. Please contact the Credit-Free Allied Health Coordinator for more information. Please print and fill out the appropriate proposal form, attach a course outline (a brief description of each class session), include your resume and contact information for (3) references, and return to the appropriate director or coordinator at MCC, Division of Continuing Education, Great Path, M.S. #16, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046. You may also submit your proposal form via email, or fax the form to 860-512-2801.
Please note: If you have previously taught a credit-free course for Continuing Education and would like to offer the course again, then you need to return a Play It Again Course Renewal Form to the appropriate director or coordinator.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Division of Continuing Education at 860-512-2800.
Additional Excursions In Learning Forms
For additional information, contact: Ann Bonney