Community Service Fair
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
10:00 am–1:00 pm
SBM Charitable Foundation Building (AST)
At this annual event, approximately 20-25 community-based agencies visit campus in an organized volunteer recruitment effort to share with students, and the general public, information about the variety of volunteer opportunities available in the greater Hartford area. We encourage students, professionals and community members to attend. The event provides an excellent opportunity for all involved to learn more about the rewarding experiences that can be gained through community service!
The following organizations have participated in past years' events:
- 1st Way Life Center
- American Red Cross
- Birthright of Greater Hartford, Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Hartford
- Catholic Charities
- Hands on Hartford (formerly Center for Youth)
- CT Association of Foster and Adoptive Parents
- CT Community for Addiction Recovery
- CT Judicial Branch - Volunteer/Intern Program
- East Hartford YMCA
- Easter Seals Greater Hartford Rehabilitation Center
- Family Life Education
- Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation
- Gilead Community Services
- Girl Scouts of Connecticut
- Hartford AmeriCorps
- Hockanum Valley Community Council, Inc.
- Independence Unlimited, Inc.
- Indian Valley Family YMCA
- InterCommunity Mental Health Group
- Interval House
- Jefferson House Adult Day Health Center
- Latinos as Contra SIDA,Inc.
- Literacy Volunteers-CRE
- Living in Safe Alternatives, Inc.
- Lojeri Productions, Inc.
- Lutz Children's Museum
- Manchester Area Conference of Churches
- Manchester Initiative for Supportive Housing
- Manchester Ring of Champions Society
- Manchester Youth Service Bureau
- Mi Casa Family Service & Educational Center
- My Sister's Place
- Network, Inc.
- Nutmeg Big Brother Big SisterThe Salvation Army
- Planned Parenthood of Southern New England
- Riverside Health & Rehab Center
- The Mercy Community
- The Queenie Foundation, Inc.
- True Colors, Inc.
- Trust House
- United Way of the Capital Area
- Urban League of Greater Hartford
- VNA HealthCare, Inc.
- World-Wide Lighthouse Missions, Inc.
For additional information, contact: Carl Ochnio