- Library Card Application (PDF)
- Live 24/7 Reference
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Library Instruction Request Form
- What's New (Library Blog)
Welcome to the Library
The MCC library is located in the Learning Resource Center. It holds over 60,000 volumes, has a strong reference collection, and subscribes to over 400 periodicals.
The library offers numerous amenities including five group study rooms, individual study carrels, computers, Wi-Fi, laser printing (b&w and color), scanning and photocopying. A magnification device for printed material is also available. The Fireside Commons is a large, contemplative space that is a designated quiet study area and features a working fireplace. The Library Garden is also available during warmer months for members of the MCC community to enjoy.
Students can seek help with research for papers or projects from one of our reference librarians. The librarians are available to assist students in formulating research strategies, searching the library’s online catalog and research databases, and using library services. The “Ask-a-Librarian” reference service allows students to connect to a librarian 24/7 wherever they are. Students can request books and articles not available at MCC through our interlibrary loan service.
Any state resident of high school age or older with valid ID is welcome to register as a borrower at MCC’s library.
Looking for a good book to read?
Find suggestions and the opportunity to join in online discussions of popular reading material from our Reading Guide »
In the Spotlight
Celebrate National Library Week with Us!
Our featured author for National Library week is Susan Elderkin, author of The Novel Cure: From Abandonment to Zestlessness 751 Books to Cure What Ails, who will be giving a talk entitled "Bibliotherapy-- Or, Why Novels are the New Self-Help", on Tuesday, April 15 from 1-2pm in the Fireside Commons. While you are here, please stop by our annual book sale that will be held on Tuesday, 4/15 and Wednesday, 4/16 from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. All proceeds from the sale will benefit the MCC Library Foundation.
Love Film? Come to an MCC International Film Series Screening This Spring
The International Film Series (IFS) kicks off in February with four fantastic films, including Fruitvale Station (USA). Admission is free and a brief discussion will follow each film. More information, including film trailers, is available on the International Film Series website. Hope to see you at an upcoming screening!
- Library Catalog
- Browse the Manchester Community College Library Catalog.
- Magazine, Journal, and Newspaper Databases
- Find articles from magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Subject Guides
- Research assistance, subject guides, and useful resources compiled by MCC Librarians.
- Inter-Library Loans
- Borrow books and articles from other libraries.
- About the Library
- Library Services
- We provide many services, including:
- Other Library Catalogs
- Browse books that can be found and borrowed at other libraries.
- Ask A Librarian 24/7
- Connect with a librarian and receive help anytime, anywhere, via the Internet.
- Research Tips
- Find information on:
Popular Research Databases
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost)
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Films on Demand (FOD)
- Opposing Viewpoints (Gale)
- Credo Reference
For additional information, contact: Marilyn Haney