Ask a LibrarianIf you need assistance finding reference and materials for your research project, a librarian can assist you in a number of ways:
- Telephone a Librarian: 860-512-2883
- Email an MCC Librarian*: Complete the online form »
- Ask A Librarian 24/7** – Chat with a reference librarian via the Internet, 24/7
- One-on-one consultation
- Face-to-face (The old-fashioned way; see hours.)
* The Manchester Community College Library provides online email reference service via the
World Wide Web. Online email reference questions are answered by MCC reference librarians only.
** The 24/7 online reference service allows you to pose a question in real-time chat to a professional librarian. This is a service offered by Springshare. For more in-depth reference questions, please consult any MCC reference librarian.
Who can use this service?MCC students, faculty and staff are welcome to submit questions to a reference librarian. Also, students who are taking courses via the CTDLC can submit questions.
What type of questions may be asked?Please send questions which are factual. For example:
- What is the capital of Bolivia?
- Who won the Oscar for best actress in 1997?
- Does the library own a copy of the book Bridges of Madison County?
- Does the library subscribe to the periodical The American Journal of Psychiatry? Do you have the June 1995 issue?
For more complex questions, please visit the library reference desk. A librarian will be glad to help you.
How soon can I expect a reply?You can expect a reply within 48 hours during normal workdays. Weekend requests will take longer.
For additional information, contact: Marilyn Haney