Your Path to Graduation
Destination: graduation. You can do it! The hard work and studying will pay off. Graduation is a milestone — a time to be happy, hopeful and proud. It is your time!
Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.— Nelson Mandela
At MCC, graduation occurs three times a year: May, August and December. The college holds a formal ceremony, known as commencement, in May. Visit the commencement pages to find more information, as well as commencement ceremony requirements (cap and gown, etc.).
Are You Ready to Graduate?
Just follow the steps below to find out!
- Do you have...
- The correct courses for your major?
- A GPA of 2.0 or higher?
- Transfer credits from other institutions you may have attended. Please send official transcripts directly to the MCC Admissions Office, Lowe Student Services Center, L 156.
- Sufficient credits - 60+ credits for an associate degree; 6-30 credits for a certificate?
- Then you need to...
- Apply for graduation. Application deadline for the December 2013 graduation is October 15, 2013. Application deadline for the May 2014 graduation is March 15, 2014. Applications may be obtained at the Registrar's Office, Lowe Student Services Center, L 157, or download the Graduation Application and Instructions here.
- Contact Florence Sheils, Director of Student Retention Services, if you wish to graduate but missed the application deadline. Her office location is L127 in the Student Services Center, and she can be reached at 860-512-3302 or at email@example.com.
For additional information, contact: Lolita Wynter