CT Tuition Waiver and National Guard Tuition Assistance
Tuition waivers for veterans cover:
- 100% of tuition for General fund courses at all public colleges and universities.
- 50% of tuition for Extension Fund and summer courses at Connecticut State University. Please contact the Registrars Office to learn which courses are considered General or Extension Fund.
- If you are a Tuition Waiver Qualified National Guard member, you need to file an application with your unit before the beginning of the semester. This process is your responsibility and must be done 40 days before every semester.
- CT Tuition Waiver is not provided for Winter Intersession, Summer Session, accelerated (Extension Fund) and non-credit courses.
For timely processing students must bring the following documents:
Upon your arrival:
- Present your DD214 or your NOBE for evaluation.
- To make the process quicker we suggest that you submit all of your information and requirements at the same time. This will avoid the possibility of any delays in processing your application and forms.
To all students who receive CT Tuition Waiver:
If all necessary paperwork is not in, your tuition waiver will be revoked and you will have to pay for both tuition and fees or you will be subject to cancellation from your classes.
If you have any questions in regards to your file, you may request an appointment with the Veterans Aid. Please set aside 5-10 minutes for your appointment.
Be sure you obtain the pamphlet titled "Veterans Tuition Waivers." This pamphlet will answer many of your questions and inform you of your duties and responsibilities in regards to your receiving benefits.
For additional information, contact: Julie Greene