Vocational Rehabilitation Application

Students and Veterans qualified for Vocational Rehabilitation should bring a copy of the following documents:

  • An updated, authorized Form 1905, Authorization or Certification into Rehabilitation. (Please, inquire with your case manager, if you have not received a form. One may be mailed to MCC, Great Path, MS#8, Manchester, CT 06045 or faxed to this office at 860-512-3371.
  • Inform the representative of your current major. (Only classes pertaining to your major will be certifiable).
  • To make the process quicker we suggest that you submit all of your information and requirements at the same time. This will avoid the possibility of any delays in processing your information.

If you have any questions in regards to your file, you may request an appointment with the Veterans Services staff. Please set aside 20-30 minutes for your appointment.

Be sure you obtain the pamphlet titled "Summary of Educational Benefits" that pertains to your particular program i.e., Chapter 30, Ch.106, Ch.31, Ch.35 or Tuition Waiver. These pamphlets will answer many of your questions and inform you of your duties and responsibilities in regards to your receiving benefits.

What should you do if you disagree with a VA decision?

You may appeal VA decisions on educational benefits. You must file an appeal within one year of the date you receive notice of a decision. Each notice of decision, issued by the VA contains your legal rights and the appeal procedures. You may request a personal hearing on your claim.

If you need assistance in filing an appeal, contact the nearest VA Regional Office or veterans'service organization.

Last Update: June 17 2013
For additional information, contact: Julie Greene